2K has been banning accounts in an attempt to crack down on those who aim to cheat their system or to find exploits in their game. Senior Vice President of Basketball at 2K Jason Argent offered this official statement on the reasons behind the banning of accounts:
“The NBA 2K team works hard to ensure we maintain a fair and secure marketplace for our dedicated community. We will not allow users who choose to break our terms and conditions or engage in prohibited behavior to harm other gamers’ experiences.”
Two Types Of Bans
There are two types of bans: a temporary or permanent. According to an NBA 2K report, the temporary bans last only about a week. If you are permanently banned and believe it has happened unfairly, you can contact 2K’s customer service department.
Five Violations Would Make You Get Banned
So what gets a player banned in NBA 2K17? According to 2K Support, there are five violations:
- Purchase of Virtual Currency (VC/MTP) From Unauthorized Third Parties (Example: You see a tweet or message from someone selling VC or MyTeam points, and you pay them real money in exchange for the in-game currency.)
- Virtual Currency (VC/MTP) selling and farming. (Examples of Selling VC: You offer to sell someone VC or MTP. Example of Farming: You realize you get 500 VC every time you create a My Player, so you keep creating them and deleting them to collect an unlimited amount of VC.)
- Account buying (Example: Someone has an account with 200,000 and offers to sell it you for XX amount of cash and you make the purchase.)
- Virtual Currency (VC/MTP) promotion (Example: Promoting the sale of VC or MTP. Basically, it’s the flipside of the first violation.)
- Using Bots or Hacking (Example: This will primarily relate to PC users, but creating any bot of hacking initiative that delivers VC, MTP or any other in-game exploit.)
However, you can deal with it by simply creating another account and refraining from repeating the violation that got you banned.
The Popular NBA 2K17 Virtual Currency
As the NBA 2K series has grown in popularity, so too has the value of its in-game currency. Virtual Currency which also be called VC is a big deal, as are My Team Points. The former can be used to upgrade your MyPlayer which increases your chance for success in the MyCareer, MyGM, MyTeam, MyPark and Pro-Am modes.
Meanwhile, as every NBA 2K17 player knows, the game’s Virtual Currency is quite difficult to achieve if one has no idea how to get it. Although a number of ways have been revealed to earn them some VC points, the MyCareer Mode to the MyNBA2K17 app are reported to have ways that help players get VC points. The in-game currency MT is available at the professional online gaming house. The interested gamers can purchase NBA 2K17 MT from those professional online gaming houses in the most affordable cost.